Annual Poster Design Competition
Our annual poster design competition is open! All artists may submit examples of their work. Three artists will be chosen to submit a poster design, and one will be chosen for our official 2022 Denver Fringe Festival poster. Here are the details:
- Interested artists are asked to submit five examples of previous work.
- Three artists will be chosen by jury and awarded $100 to submit a design for the 2021 Denver Fringe Festival poster.
- From those three, one poster design will be chosen to promote the Denver Fringe Festival in June with potential application on our website, programs, t-shirts and festival buttons. The artist of the winning poster design will receive an additional $200 plus a free all-festival pass to the 2022 Denver Fringe Festival.
The Denver Fringe Festival is an innovative, open-access, annual performing arts festival that exists to support independent artists like hundreds of other Fringe festivals that take place in major cities all over the world. The third annual Denver Fringe Festival will take place June 23-26, 2022 at multiple performance venues throughout the Five Points/RiNo area with performances in variety of performing arts including original theatre, musicals, solo performance, comedy, improv, magic, children’s theatre, dance, aerial and circus arts, and immersive theatrical experiences.
The Denver Fringe supports open access to the arts by providing high-quality, original performing arts at an affordable price; supporting artists by providing paid performance opportunities, venues, tech personnel, and promoting the festival; attracting diverse artistic voices and featuring nearly every form of performing arts. We believe that the arts are not only an important economic driver, but that they build community and promote civic dialogue. Our guiding principle is “arts for all.” Our mission is to support independent artists and make the arts more accessible and inclusive.
The poster does not have to include any specific imagery, but artists should keep in mind the values of the Denver Fringe Festival:
- creativity, originality, and self-expression
- bold, risky, experimental, independent performance
- eclectic, accessible and inclusive arts
You can see some examples of posters for other fringe festivals here: https://www.pinterest.com/chifringefest/fringe-posters/
HOW IT WORKS
Entry is free and open to everyone. Interested artists must submit five examples of past work by February 14th. Three artists will be selected to submit their poster design by February 28th. The final poster will be an 11” x 17” poster and must include the Denver Fringe Festival logo and the dates of the Denver Fringe Festival, June 23-26, 2022. Read about our 2021 poster design artist and follow us @denfringe on Instagram. Please submit any questions and all entries to email@example.com.