Annual Poster Design Competition
Our annual poster design competition will open January 15. All artists may submit examples of their work. Three artists will be chosen to submit a poster design, and one will be chosen for our official 2023 Denver Fringe Festival poster. Here are the details:
- Interested artists are asked to submit five examples of previous work.
- Three artists will be chosen by jury and awarded $100 to submit a design for the 2024 Denver Fringe Festival poster.
- From those three, one poster design will be chosen to promote the Denver Fringe Festival in June with potential application on our website, programs, t-shirts and festival buttons. The artist of the winning poster design will receive an additional $300 plus a free all-festival pass to the 2024 Denver Fringe Festival.
HOW IT WORKS
Entry is free and open to everyone. Interested artists may submit five examples of past work by February 1st. Three artists will be selected to submit a poster design by February 15th. The final poster will be an 11” x 17” poster and must include the Denver Fringe Festival logo and the dates of the Denver Fringe Festival, June 6-9, 2024. The winner will be announced by February 17th. Read about our 2021, 2022 and 2023 poster design artists and follow us @denfringe on Instagram. Please submit any questions and all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Denver Fringe Festival is an innovative, open-access, annual performing arts festival that exists to support independent artists like hundreds of other Fringe festivals that take place in major cities all over the world. We attract diverse artistic voices and promote access to the arts. We believe that the arts help build vibrant, resilient, inclusive communities. Our guiding principle is "arts for all.”
The fourth annual Denver Fringe Festival will take place June 6-9, 2024 at multiple performance venues throughout the Five Points/RiNo area with original productions in a variety of performing arts including original theatre, musicals, solo performance, comedy, improv, magic, children’s theatre, dance, aerial and circus arts, and immersive theatrical experiences.
The poster does not have to include any specific imagery, but artists should consider the values of the Denver Fringe Festival:
- creativity, originality, and self-expression
- bold, risky, experimental performance art
- diversity, accessibility and inclusivity
Please keep in mind a design that can be applied to both print (posters, programs, t-shirts, buttons) as well as digital branding on our website and elsewhere.
You can see some examples of posters for other fringe festivals here: https://www.pinterest.com/chifringefest/fringe-posters/